I suggest you ...

Authentification not working

Flickr is no longer accepting whatever key this program uses, it gives the "Oops! Flickr doesn't recognise the API key this application is trying to use." message when trying. Anyone how know I can fix this?

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michelle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quick update to my previous comment - WebDownloader does everything this program does and more, including downloading from groups. Use that until this one gets fixed, as every other option is total trash.

I know exactly why they're doing this. The date is too coincidental. On the 6th they announced their >1000 image deletion deadline extension. People (including myself) were using DownloadAir to rapid fire download our friend's albums, so that way we'd have an offline copy once they're taken off. This included albums and photos where downloading was disabled. To my knowledge this is the only program that allowed this, others limit you to your own photos.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe as a possible temporary way around this is to allow the app to set/read an alternative API key plus user Id thus individual users could in theory then request their own and use those with the App. I have used various WordPress plugins that adopt this approach (e.g. Slickr Flickr - https://wordpress.org/plugins/slickr-flickr/).

It may well be that the issue is the fact that the API key is embedded as lots of things I have come across seem to expect you to get your own and is now hitting some arbitrary limit they set for requests via an individual key.

P.S. Thanks for your prompt response to my email when i discovered this problem

• Foor Baar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it is more than recommendable to contact also Flickr for this reason. Flickr knows _exactly_ that disabling the API users cannot download their photos and therefore try to make them pay. No way, SUC.... FLICKR!

I'm thinking the same. It is down to them wanting to remove the yahoo login. Guillaume, thanks for coming back to us. At least you can say your response is much better than Flickr has been to you.
    Maybe we should also contact Flickr and make our voices heard?

• Foor Baar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, one more reason not to pay for the Yahoo / Flickr service. Extremely difficult to get your photos back when you most need it. Same with the Yahoo email when it was compromised. Bye bye, Flickr!

Still the same problem. The API has not been updated yet. Any news when this will be functioning?

Feedback and Knowledge Base